Once again thank you Martha. Each time I receive a new copy of Everyday Food, I vow this month I will make all the awesome sounding recipes.
So far I have made one, but the month is young (well actually it hasn’t even started yet!). This recipe is from from the September issue. It was really really good!
When picking up puff pastry, I highly recommend PC Brand. It is already rolled out in the perfect shape, and lined with parchment, so all you have to do is unroll it and form a lip around it!
2-3 leeks (white and pale green parts only, sliced 1/4″ thick)
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 tsp grainy mustard
3/4 lb tomatoes (cherry, grape, field etc). Cut in half or sliced
2 tbsp chopped basil
2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Defrost puff pastry, form into a 12″ square on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make a lip around the edges. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter, cook leeks till very soft (5min), do not undercook, or they will be tough.
- Mix sour cream or yogurt with mustard, and spread on puff pastry. Top with cooked leeks, layer chopped/sliced tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25min, till golden and puffy. Top with goat cheese and basil.
- Cut into pieces and serve.