This is a simple and quick recipe for the summer. I kind of winged this and I think you can add what you have on hand such as onion, chickpeas, etc and enjoy.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
1lb pasta your choice of cut, I used ditali
1 tbsp olive oil (more for pasta)
1 pint of grape tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
2 cups cucumber diced
1/2 cup feta cheese cubed
1 can sliced black olives
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. Cook Pasta according to package instructions
2. Drain and then toss with olive oil (about a tbsp)
3. Cook tomatoes and garlic for a few minutes to soften them (3-5min)
4. Combine all ingredients and serve!
I found this recipe on the Taste and Tell blog’s Saturdays with Rachel Ray, not sure what that’s all about, but I do like it. I am a fan of something fast for lunch, and next year when I have only 55 minutes to pick up my kids, walk them home, nag them to walk faster, feed them, nag them to eat faster, walk them back, nag them to walk faster, I will have to be very organized.
So I am training now for September. And this lovely creation will be on my menus for sure!
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- One can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- flour tortillas
- cooked, shredded chicken (use as much you like, Rachel say 1.5 cups, I used less)
- shredded Monteray jack, Cheddar or Mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups, but again, to taste more or less either will do)
- Poke holes in the sweet potato with a fork. Cook in the microwave until softened, about 5 minutes, when cool enough to handle, peel.
- In a bowl mash the beans and sweet potatoes and mash; spread onto tortillas.
- Spread chicken and cheese and top with a second tortilla; press to flatten.
- In a skillet, cook each quesadilla over medium-high heat until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges, tip here, use a pizza cutter, makes cutting so much easier.
- Serve with hot sauce for a hit of heat!