This is a simple and quick recipe for the summer. I kind of winged this and I think you can add what you have on hand such as onion, chickpeas, etc and enjoy.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
1lb pasta your choice of cut, I used ditali
1 tbsp olive oil (more for pasta)
1 pint of grape tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
2 cups cucumber diced
1/2 cup feta cheese cubed
1 can sliced black olives
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. Cook Pasta according to package instructions
2. Drain and then toss with olive oil (about a tbsp)
3. Cook tomatoes and garlic for a few minutes to soften them (3-5min)
4. Combine all ingredients and serve!
Salad week trudges on, a little withered from the heat, but not defeated. It’s hot out there, isn’t your appetite supposed to shrink in the heat? Well mine missed that memo, and due to the heat, I’m not running as much, SO a light salad is in order! I have seen this type of salad and been intimidated by the combination, but I soldiered on today, and it was worth it!
I eyeballed this, take these measurements as a guide, add more or less depending on your taste.
- 2 cups watermelon (cubed)
- 1 cup feta cheese (cubed)
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1/4 cup mint (cut into strips)
- Splash of lime juice
- Course salt and pepper
- Chop, mix and serve.
Verdict: this was lovely, a nice mix of sweet, salt, sour and pops of juice. The mint was a spicy addition, and I think essential! Definitely will be making this again!