This recipe came to me from Front Door Organics, where I get my produce delivered to my front door weekly, love it! This was a great recipe, smokey as promised and the collards were lovely having braised for 40min. I usually don’t cook them this long, and they are usually much tougher, but with this recipe, they just melt!
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup black eyed peas
- dash of red wine vinegar Continue reading
This is a stretch again for salad, but it was not sticking to the plan night. Salad 9 of 101, this may be harder than I thought
I loved this dish, others at the table thought the flavours were a bit “unusual”. When you have a lot of greens to get through and need variety this is a great dish.
- 1 1/4 lbs collard greens,cleaned and stemmed
- 2 Tbsp minced onions
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Drop collards into a pot of boiling salted water. boil until tender, about 15 min. Drain well and then chop fine.
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in pan, stir in onions and cook onlow until soft (5min). Add ginger cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Toss for a minute.
- Add collards and stir till warm throughout. Toss with remaining butter and serve.