I like this recipe, a friend made it once and it was awesome. I found this time it was ok, not sure if it was the cut of beef, how I cut it, or the company.
It’s really simple and requires very little in terms of ingredients. I served it with brown rice and during the last half hour in the slow cooker, I added julienned zucchini and carrots.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef from today’s parent
2.5 lb beef, cut into 1/2 cm strips
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic minced
1 inch chunk of ginger, minced
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil
1. mix everything in slow cooker, cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 3-4 on high. (gotta love a recipe with one step)
101 Salad Challenge continues, this is day 6. I am eating this salad as I write this, awesome yummy despite being a bit too sour. I think next time I would use a little less lemon juice. The bonus, it looks really great in a bowl. Nice mix of colours. This is a Mark Bittman salad, it’s #7 on his list.
Carrot and Blueberry Salad
- 3 Carrots
- 1/3 c Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Grate carrots, toast some sunflower seeds, and toss with blueberries, olive oil, lemon juice and plenty of black pepper.
Doesn’t everything taste better with goat cheese on it? I had salad similar to this while camping and it was awesome. I am always getting beets in my green bin, and am always looking for ways to serve them. This is a great summer friendly beet recipe.
* 3 tablespoons chopped green shallots (like green onions but shallots, or you can use just shallots as green shallots are hard to find)
* 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
* 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grated peeled celery root
- 1 1/2 cups grated peeled carrots
- 1 1/2 cups grated peeled beets
- 3 Cups mixed baby greens (I used arugula)
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Add oil and whisk to blend well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook celery root and carrots in pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to medium bowl. Add beets to pot and cook 5 minutes. Drain beets; transfer to another medium bowl. Cool vegetables.Toss greens, celery root, carrots and beets with vinaigrette. (I think if you toss things with the dressing on their own, and then arrange on a plate it will look prettier, but the way I did it, it still tasted really good and looked pretty as well.)
- Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts and crumbled goat cheese.