This recipe came to me from Front Door Organics, where I get my produce delivered to my front door weekly, love it! This was a great recipe, smokey as promised and the collards were lovely having braised for 40min. I usually don’t cook them this long, and they are usually much tougher, but with this recipe, they just melt!
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup black eyed peas
- dash of red wine vinegar Continue reading
The 101 Salads in 101 days challenge continues, Day 2, going strong. Its like flossing once you do it for 21 days straight, it becomes a habit, and you don’t even think about it. Today was a quickie and in Bittman’s NYT article it’s salad #19. This turned out pretty good, the beans took a bit away from the spice of the arugula, and the garlic and chili flakes hit the mark!
Arugula and Bean Salad
- can of mixed beans
- bunch of arugula
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomaotes halved
- clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Wash and spin arugula, chop into bite sized pieces and combine with beans
- Heat olive oil in small skillet, add garlic, rosemary and chili flakes toast until lightly brown. Cool
- Toss salad with lemon juice and olive oil mixture, and serve!