The 101 Salads in 101 days challenge continues, Day 2, going strong. Its like flossing once you do it for 21 days straight, it becomes a habit, and you don’t even think about it. Today was a quickie and in Bittman’s NYT article it’s salad #19. This turned out pretty good, the beans took a bit away from the spice of the arugula, and the garlic and chili flakes hit the mark!
Arugula and Bean Salad
- can of mixed beans
- bunch of arugula
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomaotes halved
- clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Wash and spin arugula, chop into bite sized pieces and combine with beans
- Heat olive oil in small skillet, add garlic, rosemary and chili flakes toast until lightly brown. Cool
- Toss salad with lemon juice and olive oil mixture, and serve!