I’m starting to collect recipes for school time lunches. It’s always a challenge to provide kids a nutritious, delicious, fast and varied lunch and to do that in under 30min is crazy, I know, but I think it can be done!
Do you ever notice that every September there are tons of articles in magazines that are “back to school” lunches and almost always, the kid friendly recipes are desserts, or some sort of treat (ie granola), and not a substantial nutritious meal.
Here are some ideas that I have collected so far, (recipes to follow as I prepare, photograph and post them):
Things that can be made once home (under 30min):
- Pasta with tomato sauce
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Crudites (cut up raw veggies)
- Steamed Veggies (such as beans, cauliflower, broccoli)
- Cheese and crackers
- Eggs and Toast
- French Toast
- Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Cream Cheese and Jam Wraps/Sandwiches
Things that can be made ahead of time and warmed up from frozen or reheated.
- Pizza (could be on a pita)
- Sloppy Joes
- Chili (my kids love sweet potato chili)
- Sushi (could be the homemade cucumber variety)
And my personal favorite:
- leftovers of any kind!!!